This past week was much less eventful than the previous week. But in this case, that was a good thing. As a matter of fact, God has blessed me in so many ways since my accident that I cannot even count them all. It is amazing how in the face of adversity, pain, and struggle God will reveal himself to you and provide comfort and blessings in abundance. You just have to remain faithful, prayerful, and thankful. Our God loves us. In the trials of life that becomes hard to believe sometimes. But I stand as living proof that our God exists as do many of my friends and family around me.
- I received several calls from the V.P. of sales for my company reaching out to me and making sure I took the time I need to recover fully, both physically and mentally from my truck accident on September 16th. It is hard for me to do, but I have been making my self listen to him and doing my best to heal.
- Went to an outstanding church service in Zephyrhills at “My New Walk” church. They were celebrating their 3 year anniversary. I was amazed to find out that they have an average attendance of 700 people per weekend through 3 services with the majority being first and second service attenders. They also have over 200 volunteers working there each weekend. That’s unbelievable! The pastor announced that they are starting a campaign to build a new facility and move out of the YMCA. At first I grimaced, but in my heart know that they are doing the right things at this church and it will succeed.
- I am meeting Pastor Gary on Tuesday for lunch to see where I fit in the ministry at New Walk. I just want to advise and lend my talents where they are needed, not where I need them.
- Spent an awesome time with my wife on Friday going to Jacksonville. We bought a new truck (new to me). 2006 Expedition Limited. My daughter says it is “Pimped out”! We stayed over Friday night and drove back Saturday. It felt good to have some alone time in a vehicle. First time I have driven very far since my accident.
- Awesome unexpected surprise! unexpected because in all the shuffle of the last couple of weeks I had forgotten that I had offered Matt Brouwer a place to stay when he was in town doing business. It was great though. He is always welcome in my home at any time. When I met Matt last year I felt a connection with him. Matt is very much a “what you see is what you get” person and that is very hard to find in the music business. That is why I have felt so led to support him and his music ministry any way I can. www.mattbrouwer.com
- Got to share some great pool time this weekend at our friends, Kristi and Steve. They are good people and our friendship continues to flourish. We attend church together and have spent a lot of Sunday afternoons hanging out at the pool and relaxing. I am very blessed to have them in my life.
- Got quite a bit of music work done on my “Restoration Project”. It started out being something for me to give my Grandma for a gift. Now it is more about an outlet of Worshiping God for me. I have had this little 8 track digital recorder for over a year and have done basically nothing with it. Now I am probably doing the most important music project of my life and learning how to use it all at the same time. Shame on me! Anyway, I’m not looking for a music career anymore. Just want to do something that is pleasing to the Lord.
Many people have asked me “Why don’t you write on your Blog every day?” The answer to that may shock you. You see, I decided a while back that if I was going to write a Blog I was not going to be one of those mindless Blog writers who post something for the sake of posting. Now granted I have ended up doing just that a few times, but for the most part I have tried to put a lot of thought and process into what I write.
If you have a subject you would like my thoughts on, please don’t hesitate to comment and let me know. Please keep the subject appropriate. I will be more than glad to share my views on just about anything as long as it is decent.